In April of 2014, the CFP Foundation established K-through 12 education as its primary cause with the launch of Extra Yard for Teachers (EYFT). Comprised of four main program components: (1) direct provision of resources, (2) teacher recognition, (3) professional development and leadership training and (4) inspiring a college-going culture, EYFT helped countless teachers in classrooms across America in 2014-15.
In celebration of EYFT, and to spread general awareness, the week of October 5 – 10, has been dedicated to a variety of initiatives.
Elements of EYFT Awareness Week include:
- “Text to Join” campaign, where participants have the chance to win two tickets to the 2016 College FootballPlayoff National Championship.
- EYFT “college colors” challenges in partnership with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC.)
- DonorsChoose.org activation.
- iTeach social storytelling and testimonials.
- Fundraising events in Dallas and Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Stories from student-athletes and coaches about the positive effects of teachers.
- Teacher-centric social-media content generated by the 128 Football Bowl Subdivision institutions.
- In-stadium messaging on Saturday, Oct. 10, during selected college football games.
Get involved and stay up to date throughout the week by following @CFBPlayoff and @CFPExtaYard on Twitter, and by visiting www.facebook.com/CollegeFootballPlayoff and http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/eyft-awareness-week.