Due to the damage on Bueschers car, the red flag was dropped by NASCAR for 5 minutes to clean up the oil spilled from his car. This ended Bueschers day. Busch was able to get back out onto the track. Before the caution there was just 22 cars on the lead lap, but 11 cars stayed out and got a free pass to put 33 cars on the lead lap as we got back to green flag racing on lap 71. After 125 laps there was just 22 cars left on the lead lap.
After stage 1 here is the top 5.
- Kyle Larson #42 Credit One Bank Chevrolet
- Martin Truex Jr. #78 Furniture Rown Denver Mattress Toyota
- Erik Jones #77 Sports Clips Toyota
- Joey Logano #22 Autotrader Ford
- Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowes Chevorlet